From time to time, we hear about scam artists posing as utility company representatives. The scammers may target customers through door-to-door visits or phone calls.
Always be skeptical if a person calls or knocks on your door claiming to be from the gas company. North Shore Gas employees carry identification and never go door-to-door or call you seeking personal information.
Someone impersonating a utility worker may visit your home trying to get personal or account information.
A caller may try to convince you to use a prepaid credit card to make a payment. Common phone scams involve stories that:
- Your account is past due and payment is required to avoid service disconnection.
- Your previous payments were not accepted or processed.
- Your billing cycle has changed and payment is needed immediately.
Know how to avoid scams
- Never provide social security or personal information to anyone initiating contact with you claiming to be a utility representative.
- Never make a utility payment to anyone coming to your door, or to another person or entity other than your local utility providers.
- If you have any doubt about the authenticity of a caller, hang up and call us at 866-556-6004 to verify your billing and payment status.
- Always ask to see a company photo ID before allowing utility workers into your home or business. If you have doubts about a person at your door claiming to be from North Shore Gas, call us at 866-556-6004.
If you've been the victim or target of a scam, contact the Illinois Attorney General's office at 800-386-5438 (TTY 800-964-3013) or visit their website.