If you're interested in having more control of your energy bills, you do have
options. One option is to choose your own natural gas supplier. Choices for You
program participation is open to all business customers of
North Shore Gas under rates 1 and 2.
North Shore Gas wants to make sure you
have the information you need to find a supplier that's right for you.
Choices for You helps you answer questions on whether you
should consider making a switch.
Gas suppliers who want to become eligible to offer gas supply service
in the Choices for You program must send a "Letter of Intent"
including the following information:
- Identify North Shore Gas
as the service territory in which they intend to be an alternate gas
- Provide the specific customer class which they intend to serve:
residential or business.
The Letter of Intent can be mailed to:
North Shore Gas
Choices for You Program
c/o GTS Department
200 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601-6302
Gas suppliers must be certified by the
Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) to become an alternative
gas supplier for the following customers:
- Residential customers – Rate 1
- Small business customers - Rate 2 or 5
Any customer who enrolls with an alternative supplier must:
- Have a contract with a Choices for You supplier for gas supply,
- Become a member of the supplier pool; and
- Provide North Shore Gas regular access to their meter.